NUBIGON does not directly support camera animation in the orthographic view. But such can be mimicked with quick and easy tweaks of the perspective camera settings.
Follow the steps below to create your first animation in the "fake" orthographic view within minutes:
- Switch to the perspective camera from the toolbar.
- Open the settings window from the toolbar.
- Switch to Perspective/Orthographic from the Last used drop-down menu.
Top-view of a point cloud in the default camera settings
- Set the Angle of view to 2.0. This will make objects appear bigger in the viewport, so zoom out with the mouse wheel. If necessary, increase the Far plane value.
- Now, it's time to define your keyframes. Press Animate > Insert keyframe (shortcut: I) to define the start of the video.
- Drag the timeline indicator a few seconds to the right.
- Right-click & drag to pan your camera, and insert a second keyframe.
- Optionally repeat steps 6-7 to insert more keyframes.
- That's it! You can preview and export your animation.
When mimicking orthographic animations, avoid rotational paths.