The ability to select the object types the clipping should apply to opens new and elegant ways for presenting point clouds and as-built models in the same scene.
In this example, we introduce a step-by-step guide on capturing the screenshot below showing a point cloud together with the first floor of its as-built model.
- First, open your point cloud, configure its material attributes, and import your model. If necessary, manually align the model with the point cloud.
- Launch the Cross Section window from the sidebar, and press Activate.
- Press Set plane, and then select Horizontal from the dropdown menu.
- Define a horizontal plane at the desired height with one click in the viewport.
- Press Clip, and if necessary, Flip.
- To prevent the point cloud from being clipped, press Category and uncheck Point cloud.
- Now you are ready to take the screenshot shown at the beginning of the example.