Point cloud coming out colorless

Posted 10 months ago by Oliver Bush

Post a topic
Solved
O
Oliver Bush

Hello

There's a particular point cloud of mine which I'd like to showcase to show potential clients, however whenever I import this point cloud it comes out colorless. I have tried with 8 bit colors on, 16 bit colors on, I have tried as an E57 file and as an LAS file, but still no luck.

The point cloud was created in register 360 and is in color, so what am I missing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Votes

2 Comments

Sorted by
Bert Azizoglu

Bert Azizoglu posted 10 months ago Admin

Oliver, I'm glad we were able to resolve this as our initial suspicion turned out to be right and the point clouds exported from Register360 did not contain colors. 

Thanks for confirming the correct export settings with Leica so that the color information is included. 

Should you encounter a similar situation in the future, we recommend double checking whether the point cloud really includes colors (e.g. by importing it to CloudCompare). 

Best,

Bert

0 Votes

Bert Azizoglu

Bert Azizoglu posted 10 months ago Admin

Hi Oliver, we strongly suspect that the exported point clouds do not contain colors.  

Please send us the e57 and LAS so we can confirm. Simply email us the download link and we can take it from there. 

Best,

Bert 

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment