Define a cross-section plane
- Launch the Cross Section window from the sidebar and press Activate.
- To define the plane, click Set plane > Vertical, click on two points in the viewport, and adjust as necessary.
- Clip the scene and, if necessary, press Flip.
- When ready, press Create. The newly created section is now available as a separate object.
Trace the section with curves
- Activate Snap to Section and Snap to CAD from the toolbar.
- Then, launch the CAD window from the sidebar.
- Set the Drawing Plane to vertical.
- Choose the desired curve type and start tracing the section.
- Repeat the previous step as many times as required.
Fit drawing to section
- Apply curves-to-section fitting as described here.
- If necessary, select two or more end-to-end touching polylines and press Join to combine them into a single polyline.
- To split a polyline into a sequence of lines, select the polyline and press Explode .
Finally, export your section plan into a DXF or DWG file. A step-by-step guide is described here.