NUBIGON offers versatile ways to create sections from point clouds and export them to your desired third-party application.
Define your plane
- Launch the cross-section window from the sidebar.
- Press Activate and specify your plane definition:
- interactively from the viewport with Set plane,
- copy it from an existing section,
- or define the angle, rotation, and origin parametrically.
Set section parameters
- NUBIGON will preview points within a Distance tolerance to the plane. You may want to increase this parameter when working with sparse point clouds.
- Creating a section projects these points onto the plane and generates a 2D point cloud.
- Optionally, specify the number of additional planes on either side of the main section (max of 50 on either side) and the intervals between them.
- To export a section as a point cloud file, select it from the Object List and press File > Export > Export Point Cloud
- To export it as a DWG or DXF file, select it and go to File > Export > Export CAD. Exporting a section in the same coordinate system as the corresponding point cloud and more are explained here.
Learn about our drawing and fitting tools to semi-automatically vectorize point cloud sections.