Launch the CAD window from the sidebar.
We support the fitting of curves to sections (2D point clouds created in the Cross Section window).
- Select one or more curves and a section in the Object List.
- Pressing Fit will iteratively fit the selected curves to the section.
- The user can combine fitting and manual editing operations in the viewport until desired results are achieved.
- Once certain edges and vertices are optimally fit, you can lock them by clicking on them with the middle mouse.
- If necessary, adjust the Fitting distance parameter and then re-apply fitting. While small values may leave the curve unchanged, large values could lead to fitting the curve to unrelated regions.
This is a handy tool for creating as-built plans quickly and precisely.