1. Do not use non-English characters
NUBIGON only supports English characters. Avoid using invalid characters in Project Manager.
2. Avoid backing up your project folder on the cloud
The octrees are optimized for high-performance rendering on local devices. Automatically syncing octrees to the cloud can corrupt files and cause errors. Therefore, we recommend using alternative offline backup solutions.
3. Create a new project if your Documents folder is synced to the cloud
NUBIGON's default project is created in the Documents folder. If you use Microsoft OneDrive as a backup for your Documents folder, NUBIGON’s default project location will be synced to the cloud as well. Since this might cause errors while opening point clouds, make sure to create a new project on your local drive.
4. Do not modify your octrees
Newly generated octrees are stored within the "octrees" folder of your current project.
To ensure proper functioning, please do not:
- rename or reorganize folders in the "octrees" folder
- move octrees to another location
If you need to move files to manage disk space, move the entire project.
If you have accidentally moved an octree already, please move it back to its original location.
5. To open octrees from another project, set that project first
Octrees can only be opened from the project they were created in. To open an octree created in another project, first, revert to that project with Set Project and then open your octree.
- Octree X is generated in project A
- User switches to project B to work on other tasks
- To open octree X again, the user sets project A and opens octree X
6. To load scenes from another project, set that project first
Scene files (.na) can only be loaded from the project they were created in. To load a scene created in another project, first, revert to that project with Set Project and then load your scene.