Under Windows > Editors > Material Editor, you can create, delete and edit materials. Materials are assigned to objects to define their appearance.
Press the Create Material button and choose a material type from the drop-down menu:
- Mesh Material for meshes
- Point Cloud Material for generic point cloud displays
- Splat Surface Material for our signature point cloud display modes
You can optionally rename the newly created material. For this, double-click on the material.
From the Material Attributes, you can configure the selected material.
To assign a material to an individual object:
- Select the object from the Object List.
- From the Object Inspector > Material Attributes, choose the desired material from the Select material drop-down.
To assign a material to an individual or multiple objects:
- Select the object(s) from the Object List.
- Then right-click to open the context menu and choose a material under Assign Material.
- Select one or more materials.
- Press the DEL key to delete selected materials.
Default materials (Default-PC and Default-Mesh) cannot be deleted.
Learn more about configuring point cloud displays, mesh displays, and CAD displays.