The Object List nests all of the objects in the scene. The icon before the object name indicates the type of the object:
|Section, point cloud|
|Digital terrain model|
|Point light, directional light, spotlight|
- Rename: Double-click the name of an object to change its name (Shortcut: F2).
- Left-click on an item clears the current selection and selects the new item.
- CTRL+left-click on an item toggles its selection state.
- SHIFT+left-click on an item selects all items between the current item and the clicked item.
- Left-click on space and drag the mouse over the items to select.
- Drag & drop: You can drag and drop objects under other objects.
- Change visibility:
- Click the eye icon to the right of an object name to toggle its visibility.
- Changing the visibility state of an item applies the new state to all child items.
- Change the visibility of multiple selected items by toggling the eye icon of one of the selected items.
- Delete: Use Edit > Delete Selected or press DEL to delete selected objects.
Right-click in the Object List will launch a context menu.
- Isolate Selected: Turns on the visibility of the selected object(s) and turns off the visibility of the unselected object(s).
- Reveal Selected: Reveals Object List items of selected objects. This is particularly useful when selecting objects from the viewport with ALT+left-click.
- Expand All: Expands all items in the Object List.
- Collapse All: Collapses all items in the Object List.
- Assign Material: Assigns the selected object(s) the desired material.
- Group: Creates an empty group in the Object List (Shortcut: CTRL+G)
Group creation and coloring
There are four ways to create a group:
- Press Create > Group in the menu bar.
- Click the icon in the toolbar.
- Right-click in the Object List and select Group from the context menu.
- Press CTRL+G.
A group acts as a layer for CAD objects.
There are two ways to change the color of groups:
- Set the default color of groups in the scene through the Layer color property under Preferences > CAD .
- Change the color of selected groups by using the color box next to it in the Object List. Once the color of a group has been changed this way, subsequently editing the Layer color property will not affect this group.